City Directory |    5330 Seaman Road, Oregon, Ohio



Rules and Regulations

Our contract with Waste Management states that the maximum gallon can for pick-up is a 35 gallon can. Waste Management will not pick up garbage that is in cans over 35 gallons. If the garbage is bagged, you may set the bags out at the curb, or put in the acceptable 35-gallon cans. To deter animals you may spray the bags with ammonia.

Garbage must be place at the curb or along the pavement (within 6 feet of the edge of the pavement), unless otherwise required, on the collection day and no earlier than 8 p.m. on the night before and by 7 a.m. on garbage collection day. Weight limit: Bag - 40 pounds; can - 60 pounds. Carpeting must be cut in 4' lengths, rolled and tied. Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves) may be bagged, but cannot exceed the 40 pound limit. Tree branches must be in 4' x 2' bundles and securely tied.

Large items (such as furniture, appliances, mattresses, etc.) will be collected on the same day as your rubbish. Place at the curb with your rubbish before 7 a.m. or the night before. No telephone call is needed for large item collection with the exception of any item with freon (refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner and dehumidifier). There is no need to empty the freon, however, items with freon are picked up only on the first Wednesday of each month and you must contact the Street Department at least 24 hours in advance at 419-698-7016 to schedule.

Old paint and thinners, tires and yard waste

Lucas County Solid Waste has these programs for the removal of these items:
1) Paint and thinners - call (419) 213-2234
2) Tires (cost is $2 a tire) - call (419) 936-3077
3) All yard waste (clippings, weeds and tree branches up to 10" in diameter) may be taken to 5310 Stickney Ave, Toledo. Call Clean Wood Recycling at (419) 843-9663 for times. 

They also have a yard waste site at 6505 W. Bancroft St., Toledo (419) 843-9663.  Yard waste may also be bagged for trash pick-up if bags do not exceed 40 lbs. and tree limbs are bundled and tied in bundles 2'x4'.

If a resident requires extra services that are not contracted by the city, they may call Waste Management to arrange for special service at the above number or they may look into the phone book's Yellow Pages under "Rubbish & Garbage Removal." Carry-out/Carry-back services are available for disabled residents. They may leave up to 4 containers/bags to be picked up. Call the Streets Department for information.