City Directory |    5330 Seaman Road, Oregon, Ohio


Tax Department

I pay taxes to another city; do I receive credit for this?

Yes. You receive a credit up to the tax rate of the city tax withheld, not to exceed Oregon's tax rate of 2.25%. (Note: Does not include school district taxes.)

Can your office help me prepare my return?

Yes. Our auditors are glad to assist you. We are available from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Bring your Federal return and all related schedules along with your W-2's and 1099's to our office.

Where do I mail my return?

City of Oregon

Division of Taxation

5330 Seaman Road

Oregon, OH 43616

If I file an extension, does my payment still have to be made by April 15th?

Yes. An extension only extends the amount of time that you have to file. Your payment is still due by April 15th (or the original due date of the return).

If I file a Federal extension, does that automatically extend the due date for my Oregon return?

No, you must submit a copy of your Federal extension to Oregon on or before the original due date of the return.

I am a business, do I have to withhold on my employees?

Any employer located within or conducting business within the Oregon city limits must withhold and remit Oregon tax. The employer should withhold tax from employees who work or perform services in Oregon. The employer should withhold from employees who live in Oregon, regardless of where they perform their duties, unless tax is withheld for another municipality which has a rate of 2.25% or greater. If the tax withheld is less than 2.25%, the difference should be withheld to Oregon.

I am attending college away from home; do I still need to file as an Oregon resident?

Yes, unless you are no longer claimed as a dependent on your parents' Federal return and you have permanently changed your address.

I am retired, am I required to file an Oregon tax return?

If your only earned income is from Social Security, pension, interest and dividends, you are not required to file. You must file a final return stating that you have retired. If you return to work, any earned income other than retirement income would be subject to tax and a return would be required.

What income is not taxable?

Interest, dividends and capital gains (losses not deductible), military pay and alimony (payments not deductible), Social Security benefits, workers' compensation, unemployment and other government allotments, pensions and qualified retirement benefits, section 125 and 129 benefits, gambling winnings, and income from patents and copyrights.

Who must file an income tax return?

Resident individuals who have earned income are required to file, even when no tax is due. Non-resident individuals who earned income in Oregon that was not subject to withholding by an employer must file. Non-resident individuals who own rental properties or conduct business in Oregon must file, even if no tax is due. Partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations, S-corporations and associations that conduct business in Oregon must file, even if no tax is due.

What is the due date for the Oregon return?

April 15th or 3 months and fifteen days from the end of the fiscal year, or if it falls on a weekend, the first business day after.

What is Oregon's tax rate?

Oregon's tax rate is 2.25%.