Sexton - Ralph Burgess
The City of Oregon proudly owns and operates two historical cemeteries. Willow Cemetery, located at 1961 Pickle Road near Woodville Road, and North Oregon Cemetery, located at 464 Otter Creek Road near Corduroy Road, have both been in existence for over 100 years.
Willow Cemetery originated in 1856. It contains approximately 32 acres. A Civil War Memorial was erected in honor of veterans that served during that war. A Mausoleum built shortly after 1900 on the Willow Cemetery grounds has been refurbished and is continually maintained by the City of Oregon. Burial crypts are still available for purchase. Veterans from many of America's conflicts are honorably laid to rest at Historical Willow Cemetery. Gravesites at Willow Cemetery are currently available for purchase at very affordable prices. Click here to see a map.
North Oregon Cemetery originated in 1895. It contains approximately 11 acres. A war veterans' memorial also stands at North Oregon Cemetery honoring our fallen veterans. North Oregon offers a peaceful park like setting with easy accessibility. Many gravesites remain available for purchase. Click here to see a map.
The City of Oregon welcomes grave decorations within the guidelines of the cemeteries. A list of those guidelines is available at both cemeteries. The cemetery staff constantly maintains the grounds and gravesites at both cemeteries. Routine removal of seasonal, deteriorated, safety hazards and/or damaged decorations are removed at the discretion of the cemetery management. Please note that in March/April and October/November of each year gravesites are cleared of all unsightly, damaged and/or safety hazard decorations. Again, please refer to the decorations guidelines at both cemeteries.
Lots are available for purchase by residents of Oregon, as well as non-residents. Click here to see our Fee Schedule. For more information on availability, pricing, research and our tree planting program, please contact us.